Monday 20 April 2009

Sweetcorn out


Wow it would be fair to say that Owen was very keen to go to the allotment today when I got back from work, I'm not sure that I can believe it. I think he really sees the sweetcorn as 'his vegetable' from all of the things that we grow and he wants to ensure that they are planted in the ground properly.

It's funny I asked him to count up the plants (25 he said) so we made 25 holes and then popped the plants in. We ran out of plants for the holes, did we make too many holes? Or is Owens counting a little bit off? The bed does look a little bit odd as there is a bare patch in the middle it will give our neighbours something to talk about.

We also put the competition onions on the plot one labeled for Huw and one for Owen, let the competition begin maybe the slugs will be the winners.

1 comment:

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

So good to see Owen so involved in gardening.... i am sure the sweetcorn will grow and grow.... cheers! ~ bangchik