Tuesday 18 March 2008

Artichokes

This weeks weather is hopeless, I think I will be digging snow not earth at the weekend if the forecast is true. So the best thing I can do is dream about what I can grow in the summer. It was as I was dreaming that artichoke seeds popped up as being offered on freecycle. So I am awaiting there arrival through a SAE in the next few days. The range of things that freecycle seems to provide is vast and varied so you need to check in frequently as you never know. If the seeds do grow the globes will be both interesting to eat or to leave as flower heads for prettying up the patch. I also would love to do some macro photography of the flower heads so I'm excited all around.
I'm off to find my thermals now!

1 comment:

Kiki said...

I hope you don't mind but I added your blog to the list of blogs I'm digging.
I love urban agriculture and am starting in year 2 (a little late maybe) of growing veggies on my beautiful porch.
My blog is a mish mash of topics, a couple may even address the need for locally grown produce.
I look forward to reading more of your posts.