Saturday 12 April 2008

double digging

I thought that buying a bright yellow child's spade would be all the incentive to make Owen dig. Today all he wanted to do was winge and wee on the patch. Every other boy I know would given the chance dig a big hole to Australia and allow me to dig properly. Not Owen, he needed regular feeding (he checked the picnic before we left and calculated and his quota) plus needed constant entertaining. So progress was slow. It's not that he didn't like the spade it's just too hard to dig.
All I can say to this is yes it is hard work.
I am now thinking that I will never create enough space to put all my seedlings in.
The potatoes are still not in, I must be the last allotmenteer at the site to get them in.
Still tomorrow is another day, and I'm taking John allong so that we can split the child entertainment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there,
Poor you, and you thought you had it all worked out - yellow spade, extra pair of hands !! Ha ha. Nice try is probably what Owen was thinking. I hope you had a better day than I did today. 3 trips with wheelbarrow for me today - got wet and soggy each time which was very disheartening. Have updated my blog again if you fancy a read.
Ali